Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Ukrainian Dancers Dream

Virsky is the best of the best of Ukrainian dance groups. Based in Kiev, Ukraine this professional dance group trains eight hours per day in order to entertain with perfection. I was lucky enough to attend a workshop, which the Virsky Dance Company held in Edmonton on Wednesday, October 13th. This workshop inspired me to continue dancing and to pursue any other dance forms offered. This class clearly showed me the things, which I need work on and how I can better my dancing technique. Daria and Andri, members of the Virsky Dance Company, taught this workshop. They spoke Ukrainian for the entire three hours, which made us all pay more attention. Luckily, there was a translator who helped to clarify what the instructors expected. We were taught steps and combinations for some Virsky dances. Later, while watching the Virsky performance in the Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton, I could pick out the sequences that we learned. This was an experience I will never forget.

~ Submitted By Deeyana Baydala

No comments:

Post a Comment